Wednesday, June 3, 2009

MOST USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT DIAMOND


Diamond is one the expensive and unreachable metal in the world. We use diamond as a jewellery wearing and now I post some useful and amazing information about diamond like color combination, clarity of diamond, carat weight of diamond and cut of diamond etc.

C
OLOR
Diamonds range in color from colorless to yellow. Even though most diamonds appear colorless to the untrained eye, the majority of diamonds contain traces of yellow or brown. The closer the stone is to colorless, the more valuable the diamond.

Clarity Most diamonds contain very tiny natural birthmarks known as inclusions. However, the fewer and smaller the inclusions are, the less likely they will interfere with the passage of light through the diamond, and the more beautiful the diamond will be. Diamond is nature's material that is most capable of producing a maximum amount of brilliance. A diamond that is free of both inclusions and surface blemishes is very rare and therefore more valuable.

Carat Weight This is the weight of the diamond measured in carats. One carat is divided into 100 'points', so that a diamond of 75 points weighs 0.75 carats. Carat weight is the easiest of the 4 C's to determine. But two diamonds of equal weight can have very unequal value, depending on their cut, color and clarity.
Cut Diamond cutting techniques have been refined since the fifteenth century when master craftsmen passed down their art form from generation to generation. Today, the finest diamond cutting still occurs in the hands of a skilled craftsman. Cut determines the fire and brilliance of the diamond. If the diamond is cut with just the right proportions and at certain precise angles, the stone's ability to reflect and refract light will be maximized. When a round diamond is cut to ideal proportions, light will bounce freely within the diamond, and reflect back out of the crown without escaping through the opposite side or the bottom of the stone. The skill and experience of the diamond cutter will determine the stone's brilliance and scintillation.

The diamond jewellery is best for rich person who buy it very easy but it is not made for poor people. I think when we buy diamond jewellery take care of its facts, information and facts.

9 comments:

Morro de são Paulo Blog said...

Hi! Welcome and thanks for your visit to my the blog. I love jewels, and now I will know more about it on your site.bye

jamille

Marina Batista said...

Adoro esta pedra!! Marina

Prof. Israel Lima said...

Hello! Ilove jewels. It's beatiful.

Bing Yap said...

thanks for following my blog. this site is informative. i have also started following you.

Archana said...

Very useful and informative blog. Keep posting and good luck

Unknown said...

Hi big man!
I'm think your blog is very intersting,because of this I'm following you.Today I'm stay here to ask you something. The blog AMIGA DA MODA was indicated to the brasilian award TOP BLOG and I'd like you to vote on my blog.
Thanks

Bonita-(^,^)- said...

hi! thanks 4 visiting my site... i followed ur blog already, hope u could follow my blog too...thanks! c yah

Madalinaaa said...

ahh .. What I love jewelry. I have all kinds of earrings and bracelets at home. I simply adore. Thank you for this wonderful blog and for the interesting information. I like it. Keep it up.

ruby mae said...

hello... thank you for visiting on my blog.
oh..your a jeweler, I love jewelries too but I don't have any money to buy them especially rubies for where my name came from. (haha!) Thanks anyways.. take care..

SHARE IT

Bookmark and Share